• Will the automation system lock my doors?
Yes. Our system has a magnetic brake that engages every time the door panels are in the closed position.
• How do I access the door panels from outside?
We offer a secure keypad for the outside that requires a four-digit code to operate the system.
• Can I move the panels manually?
Yes. Our system has a magnetic clutch that disengages the drive shaft from the drive pulley to allow you to move the panels with minimal resistance.
• What happens to the system if the power goes out?
The system has a battery backup to keep the system secure. Batteries provide 12 hours of backup power for automation system. The system will recharge the batteries once power is restored.
• What is the Power Source needed for the system?
Dedicated 15 amp, 110V (standard outlet, or can be hardwired)
• How does the system know if the panels are open or closed?
Our system has a built-in encoder that counts shaft revolutions so the control box always knows where the panels are.
• How does the automation system work?
The system works with a belt and pulley system located in the head track.
• Can anyone install the automation system?
No. Only certified installers from Andersen’s automation provider, Summit Automation, can install the system. The automation limited warranty does not apply to unauthorized installations.
• If the doors have insect screens, will those insect screen panels be automated?
No, though a door with automation can be ordered with insect screens, the insect screen panels cannot be automated and will have to be manually operated.
For help with Andersen MultiGlide door with Automation please call Andersen Customer Service at 1-855-337-8806.